6th Panhellenic Logic Symposium
Volos, Greece, 5-8 July 2007
One can travel to Volos from Thessaloniki or Athens. For flight information to/from Athens or Thessaloniki visit the links below:
Travel from Athens to Volos
You may travel from Athens to Volos by:
- Private car The distance is 318km. You follow the national road towards Lamia and then towards Larissa. You leave the motorway either at Mikrothives exit or at Velestino exit.
- Bus The Public Road Transport Buses (KTEL) operates 11 scheduled services per day (approx. every 1:30 to 2 hours). Travel time is about 5 hours. The buses to Volos leave from Liossion Bus Terminal (Tel ++30 2108329585, ++30 2108317186). Return tickets are discounted.
- Train The Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) runs 1 direct service from Athens to Volos and 9 more via Larissa. We strongly reccommend to use Intercity trains (1 direct and 7 via Larissa). The train leave from Stathmos Larissis. Return tickets are discounted.
- To get from the Athens airport to the bus station, you get on the X93 express bus. The buses run every 30 minutes in the day and every hour in the night.
- To get from the Athens airport to the train station, you either get the Proastiakos train straight to Stathmos Larissis (warning: not all Proastiakos trains go to Athens, so make sure you get on the correct one), or you get the Metro Line 3 to Syntagma, the change to Metro Line 2 and get off at Stathmos Larissis. The service runs approx. every 30 minutes.
- A taxi ride from the airport to either the train or bus station costs approx. € 30.
Travel from Thessaloniki to Volos
You may travel from Thessaloniki to Volos by:
- Private car The distance is 218km. You follow the national road towards Larissa and then towards Lamia. You leave the motorway at Velestino exit.
- Bus The Public Road Transport Buses (KTEL) operates 8 scheduled services per day. The buses to Volos leave from Macedonia Bus Terminal (tel ++30 2310543087, ++30 2310522765). Travel time is about 3 hours.
- Train The Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) runs 14 services from Thessaloniki to Larisa, from where you can catch one of the 12 local services to Volos. We strongly reccommend to use Intercity trains (7 services to Larissa). The train leave from New Railway Station. Return tickets are discounted.
- To get from the Thessaloniki airport to the bus or train station, you get on the number 78 bus. Buses run approx. every half hour.
- A taxi ride from the airport to the bus train station costs approx. € 10 and about € 15 to the bus terminal.
Direct flights to Volos
The military airfield at Nea Aghialos (appox. 20km from Volos) receives infrequent charter flights during the summer season. We are aware of flights from UK (London Gatwick & Manchester, on Fridays), from Netherlands (Amsterdam Schiphol, on Saturdays), and from Germany (Munich, on Tuesdays). You may check if such a flight is available. Notice that these flights may require from you to stay in Volos for a week. There is no public bus service; you have to get a taxi from the airport to the town.
The above information is correct on May 2007, but are subject to change without notice.
- KTEL (buses) online timetable. Use keywords Attiki/Athens, Thessaloniki/ Thessaloniki, Magnesia/Volos.
- OSE (train) online timetable. Use keywords Athina, Thessaloniki, Bolos. Also check the connections Athina - Larisa - Bolos and Thessaloniki - Larisa - Bolos.
- Map of the transportation system to and from Athens International Airport [.jpg , 1520kB]
- Map of the bus service from Thessaloniki International Airport [.jpg , 240kB]
- Road map covering the area from Athens to Volos [.jpg , 880kB]
- Road map covering the area from Thessaloniki to Volos [.jpg , 590kB]